9.15.2002

Ooh, I am a bad blogger. I'm also very busy now and so that's my excuse. My new job is great and I'm very excited about what I'm doing. I gave my first presentation on Friday at LGH. Well, we've been practicing in front of each other for a week so this was my first real presentation to people that haven't heard the "dog and pony," as my boss calls it. Yesterday was the Day of Caring and I am proud to say that Lanc. UW has the highest volunteer turnout per capita in the nation. That is darned cool! Over 3,000 people participated this year and we were all very successful. And we got cool red t-shirts to wear. I almost participated in the mucking out of the Conestoga River but I was on food detail instead. I'm glad my years at I's really did count for something b/c I can make a sub in record time. It was just like doing the sub fundraiser for ORCA. I should call Doc. Hmmmm. I went to the HHS vs. MC football game Friday night. Go Black Knights! We kicked some serious Barons butt. HHS won 26-10 and it was a really good game to watch. Except for the guy kicking the field goals (I thought Mrs. P was going to go down there and show him how it's done) the team played well and it was very exciting. Both the team and cheerleaders had new uniforms as did the MC band. Remember how ugly their uniforms were? They have white ones now with maroon and gold sequined sashes. V. nice. We got there late and missed the HHS band but I'm sure we'll catch them another time. And the line for Finks' was as long as ever. And after I waited in line forever to get mine, the bag split open and all the fries fell out on the ground. I guess I'll have to trek out to Roots this week for more or (gasp) I might have to go to another football game. Go Black Knights!

No comments: