10.28.2006

Resignation

Well, there you have it. And I am breaking my "no-blogging-at-work" rule. Because, hey, it's 8:15 on a Saturday morning and here I sit since 7:30 doing work so nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

Anyway, I turned in my resignation on Wednesday and let's just say the rest of this week hasn't been so great. I didn't expect to feel so emotional about it. I didn't expect to feel this sad. I didn't expect that I would second-guess myself and my career goals. And, yet, here I am feeling all of those things. I've been so excited about this since I made the decision that I want to go to nursing school and have felt so sure all this time. And now I find myself thinking "Is this the right thing to do? What if I suck at it? What if we go broke in the process? What the HELL have I just done?!?!" So, this moment that I thought would be so satisfying and wonderful...feels anything but.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I love you. We are never broke when we have each other.

You made the right decision. There is a better career out there for you.

Anonymous said...

I have sent you a couple emails, not sure if you still have the same email addy that I have for you. So, I check on here, and lo and behold it's current, lol. Anyway, you will be a great nurse, and I wish you luck with school.
PS-if you have a new email address, let me know-unless of course you are ignoring me, lol!!