3.27.2008

Reality sets in...

It's been 6 days since we found out we are moving and now reality has set in. Michael and I are feeling positively overwhelmed by everything. And, yes, we know, "do one thing at a time" and all that but there are moments when that doesn't help. Thank goodness I have off from work and school this week b/c I would have been a disaster for sure. My mind is just constantly thinking things that need to be fixed, packed, sold, moved, given away, cleaned, etc. that it's hard to keep them all straight sometimes. To combat this issue, Michael and I are using google docs to help keep everything in order. Thank goodness for the internets.

The hardest part so far has been watching how sad this move makes my husband. I know he's excited about this really freakin' awesome job he got but he's a family guy and I know it pains him to move so far away from them. The second hardest part has been contemplating my return to this house with neither husband nor dog in tow. It reminds me so much of when my mom and brother moved to the Chicago-area after graduation but I returned to Lanky-town for 6 weeks to finish my scholarship obligation. Plus I was living by myself in a house with no furniture and only a few dishes and it was just weird. This time Grandma won't be packing every last dish until it's time to put everything on the moving truck:> It's a bittersweet time to be sure.

So, enough moping. Must get dressed and start painting. And do some more laundry. And meet with our realtor. And keep my sanity.

6 comments:

Alissa said...

Love you!!!

Kelly said...

Remember that night you slept over and I forgot that I turned the AC on really low and you almost froze to death? Hee!

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

That's funny, because I wasn't even there but I remember that you turned the AC on really low and Alissa nearly froze to death. :)

Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!

Kelly said...

That still cracks me up all these years later:>

Alissa said...

I've never been so cold in my life. You don't mention in that story that it was the middle of winter when this happened. Wasn't it?

Kelly said...

No, it was the end of June. :>