9.15.2008

Feeling sick to my stomach...

All I think about is this damned presidential election. I am most of the way through a brand new bottle of Pepto (seriously? Buy some of their stock b/c we have a long way yet to go) and have been hitting the Tums pretty hard, too. I want to write about the more interesting stuff going on around here, not that there's much of it, but still. I can't. All I can think about is McSame and the Mooseburger. God. Just seeing their faces in the paper or on the internet makes me want to throw up. Forget seeing them on tv--our gov't voucher for the HDTV adapter box thing-y still hasn't arrived and maybe that's not a bad thing. Except that the season premiere of House is Tuesday and I'm dying to see it. I love me some Hugh Laurie...

Anyway, I leave you with a picture of a warthog statue that we encountered during our visit to Sonoma in August.
No, I did not hump it. Don't even ask. There were like, a hundred people there and I was not about to subject myself to public humiliation for your viewing pleasure. You know who you are.

5 comments:

gwen said...

Hahahaha. You know that was totally my first thought. :)

Love you -- lay off the media consumption, we need you healthy and ulcer-free to vote. Do you still have your Ohio registration?

Alissa said...

Lol. My first thought, too. :)
I'm with you on the politics thing, though... I can't stop reading/watching/etc. Although, it's like reading about a Bizarro World. Everything that I read about McCain-Palin seems to highlight lies, deceptions, misrepresentations, lack of solid policies and plans for the future, etc.... and then their numbers keep rising in polls. It's totally a Bizarro World.

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

Hee. Ditto!

Kelly said...

I KNOW it was your first thought. Actually, that's why I took the picture. I might have humped it but there were way too many people around us and I didn't want to get thrown out of a winery for lewd behavior. Still, the thought amuses me and I could use a laugh. BTW, did you see the SNL spoof with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler? Hilarious!

Alissa said...

I linked to it on my blog.