4.20.2009

Adventures in container gardening...

This weekend the local community garden had a plant sale and I availed myself of the opportunity to do a little gardening. I always meant to do this while we lived in Ohio but we had a problem with raccoons and feral cats so I never got around to it. Now we've got a yard but it belongs to the landlord so I won't be digging up the grass for a real garden. That leaves me with container gardening.

I got 3 types of tomato (green zebra, cherry and regular), 2 types of basil (broad leaf and lemon), parsley, cilantro and an aloe plant. Everything has to stay put for another week or so to mature a bit more (well, not the aloe) and then I'll transplant it all to bigger pots. I'd post a picture of the teeny plants I brought home but our camera is broken but hopefully by transplantation day we'll have a new one. Here's hoping I don't kill everything.

No comments: