10.26.2009

Trying to take some time to smell the roses...

I'm a planner. I like to plan things. In advance. Like, way in advance sometimes. And I don't often take the time to enjoy what I'm doing, when I'm doing it where ever it is that I'm at (noooooooooo, don't end a sentence with a prepositional phrase!!!!). And when I'm overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I need to do and feel stressed, I plan even more and enjoy the moment a lot less.

But today I tried to stop and enjoy what beautiful NorCal weather we're having and the wind sweeping the fallen leaves through the streets and the smell of clean laundry and coffee crunch bar cookies baking in the oven. Oh, and perhaps most importantly, the tickle-y feeling of my husband lightly rubbing my feet. Love that. My house is tidied up and the dog is asleep in the "doggie doughnut" position and Michael and I are yuppy-ing it up on our laptops. He's checking out ESPN and I'm cruising the 10 or so cooking blogs that I've bookmarked. Right now I'm in the moment and it feels good.

No comments: