11.19.2002

Bbbrrrrrrrrrrr! Ok. It's officially cold outside. But here in the House of G., there is a fire in the fireplace and a too hot hot tub to sit in. The too hot part was my own stupid fault. I quite enjoy t.v. or books in front of the fire with my baby girl curled up against me...yak, yak, yak. So, it looks like it is going to be a very Lanky Thanksgiving and a very Dysfunctional X-mas with the fam. Did I just write "fam"? WTF?!? Anyway, looking forward to being present for the annual fight b/w Nanny and Aunt Mamie over the neck and the wings (Nanny corrected me a dinner last night, Ang:>) and Larry saying "This is delicious, Dollllllllll" in that nasally Larry voice of his. Hee! This year will be a little odd since normally I go the G house for pie after dinner with my parents but this year I will do dinner with the G's & Co. and have pie (maybe) with my dad and his girlfriend. You know, I think that having your parents separate/divorce when you are an adult is probably more difficult in some ways. When you are a kid, and your parents split up and you start splitting the holidays between them, it's just something that you have to do. But when you are an adult, you don't HAVE to do anything and you have to make a decision to attend or not. Because then you have to take the high ground and go be nice to your mom/dad's new boyfriend/girlfriend and his/her kids and grandchildren even tho you don't want to. Bleah. And if you're my brother, you get to skip out on it entirely b/c you are 700 miles away. But he'll get his when he has T-giving with my mom's dysfunctional family;> Aren't I a downer? The only thing worse than holidays spent with your dysfunctional family is not having a job yet and having to say "No, I'm still looking" to everyone who asks.

No comments: