7.10.2003

It's monsoon season in Cinti...love the lovely monsoons. I haven't felt properly dry in 5 days. Weather man extraordinaire, LH, says the storms will be moving out my midnight tonight, but that means another day with bad hair and splash marks on my stockings. Life could be worse, I know, but a week of bad hair is just...bad.

So, I took the plunge and had my first date with someone who responded to my profile online. He is very nice and we had a good time. Unfortunately, we had a particularly nasty thunderstorm right before we met and it knocked out the power at all the restaurants at the complex where we met. So he had a drink in the dark and hoped the power would return but then after a while it became apparent that if we stayed, we'd never get anything to eat and so we went elsewhere. Stupidly I forgot that he isn't that much taller than me and I wore 2"heels. Oops. Anyway, it was a good experience and I'm sure we will go out again once the two of us are both in Cinti at the same time. Travel season is upon me, and him, so no dates for a while.

No comments: