4.21.2004

Who DOESN'T love inefficiency?

Of the 3 states where I have had to go through the process of registering my vehicle and myself with the state, Oh!o is the worst. Talk about inefficient. You might be asking yourself why I haven't done this sooner, I mean, I only made the decision to stay here back at Thanksgiving, but I kept putting it off until the middle of the month in order to avoid long lines at the BMV. And, funnily enough, I was planning to go to the BMV tomorrow, but yesterday a cop saw my car parked on the street and ticketed me for having expired plates. Oops.

Anyway, so as of this morning, I have completed the second of four steps to becoming an official resident of
Oh!o. I have my new car insurance and temporary license plates on my car. This is where the inefficiency begins. I go one place to get my temp. plates. I get the form for my lienholder to fill out and submit to the BMV from another place. Next I go to another place to get an emissions check. Then I will go to yet another place to take my out-of-state driver's license exam b/c the first place I went is only able to administer the exam to first time test takers. And there are only 3 locations that offer the out-of-state test and of course they are all way out of my way. Like I have nothing better to do...

Ah, but when all is said and done, I will be an official resident, I will be a registered voter and an organ donor. And who doesn't love that?

No comments: