6.29.2004

Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

NO C-heney

NO A-shcroft

NO R-umsfeld

NO B-ush

and "Absolutely NO RICE!"


Hee hee! So, Michael and I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11 on Friday night and it was...powerful. After we walked out of the theater, I cried all over M's shirt. Now, I can't do this film justice here on my blog. I would recommend that you see it yourself. But be warned: take some tissues with you.

I will say this, M.M. does go overboard with the whole conspiracy theory thing a la the X-Files in its last couple of seasons. But. So much of what he presents is highly compelling and disturbing and horrific and I could go on and on. Yes, he pokes a lot of fun at Bush. And it's funny. But he recognizes that Bush alone is not responsible for this mess in Iraq. I don't want to spoil it for you, but one of my favorite parts of this film is where M.M. discovers that only one member of Congress has a child serving in the military. So he hangs around waiting for Congress-people to walk by and when they do, he approaches them to ask if they would be interested in having their children enlist in the armed services. He hands out brochures for the various branches and he even has a member of the Marine Corps there to assist him. He actually engages one person in a brief conversation, but the rest pretty much run away from him.


I won't say any more about it other than to encourage you to see it. And remind you to get out and vote. Unless you plan to vote for Bush or Nader, in which case, please stay at home. I'm just teasing...or am I...? No really, I am. Everyone should exercise her/his right to vote (see also A's blog).

No comments: