2.08.2006

Breakin' the law...

Well, not really but I haven't been blogging while at work because big brother, I mean my employer, is watching. But today I say fuck it. I will be brief, however, because I really do need to do work while at work.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support as we go through the grieving process. You know, it's odd....I've identified myself as a crazy dog lady for so long now and I feel like I've lost that part of myself when Shana died. I mean, mentally I'm still a crazy dog lady but in actuality I'm not anymore. That's hard. Admittedly I've been lurking here. We're not ready yet for another dog but maybe we will be in a couple of months.

Other than that, they've started construction on our soon-to-be half bath on the first floor. They've already torn out the stairs and tile and today the plumber is coming to do whatever it is he needs to do. Probably something gross like installing the pipe for the toilet. I'll post some pictures shortly. Until then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Shana, there are few things as heart-breaking as losing a pet.

Petfinder is an addictive site,isn't it? I first learned of it a few years ago when a friend of mine was thinking about getting a dog, and I still occasionally find myself going through there just to look at the pictures. So sweet.

Kelly said...

Thanks, Cindy. It has been hard but I was lucky to have her in my life for so long. She was such a good girl.

The sad thing about petfinder is all the dogs on there that are described like "Maggie is a lab mix whose family didn't want her anymore. She's very playful and loves to chase balls, etc." That just breaks my heart. I'd take them all home if I could.