1.29.2007

Confession...

I have an embarrassing confession to make. Michael and I were cleaning out a closet and were attempting to file away old utility statements and receipts. And then...I found a bag that had a stack of H@llmark cards inside....cards I had purchased for friends and family that were unsent. Oops. I found birthday cards, sympathy cards, congratulations cards--you name it, I found it. So, for all of those life events that warranted a specially chosen card from the local H@llmark store, I bought a card and then put it in a bag in a closet.

Now, you may be wondering how this happens. It all started when I found myself in a situation where I needed to clean up the clutter in the house very quickly. And the next thing you know, I'm running around the house with a bag and throwing all the paper bits I can find into it and then shoving it into a closet. And...it's happened more than once.

So....oops. And many apologies. I will be sending said cards (albeit belatedly) this week. So, now you know. Anyway, if any of you randomly receive a card in the mail, you'll know why it's late.

Asia Update: Our baby is home and doing well. Thanks for thinking of us and we'll let you know when she gets a clean bill of health in four weeks when she goes in for her check up and blood test.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

ha! I ALWAYS buy cards for people and then never send them. I have loads of spare birthday cards that may never reach anyone. :)

Kelly said...

I'm not alone! Woo!

Cara said...

Hi Kelly--delurking to say that I am so very happy to hear that Asia is doing well. And I have a pile of birthday, get well, sympathy, and happy baby cards that never see the light of day. :-)

Unknown said...

I, also, have a pile of cards that never get mailed. Except I often find them, and then send them very, very late. (Like all the Mother's Day cards I found 3 months after Mother's Day, and mailed anyway)
Hope Asia is continuing to do well.

Kelly said...

Yep, definitely not alone. I found a v. special M@y@ Angel0u x-mas card that I bought for my godparents...oh, 2 years ago. I just can't bring myself to send it now. Maybe I'll unearth it for X-mas '07. Blarg.