7.27.2009

I win!

My first patient on my first day back on the ward was positive for C. diff and had scabies. Woo! I swear to Ogg that I would bathe in Lysol if I could.

On a completely unrelated note, Michael and I have been trying to take advantage of some of the many things that sunny Kali-for-nee-ya has to offer such as the San Diego Zoo, the SF MoMA and the garlic festival. Pictures of a baby cheetah out on a walk with a zoo keeper and warthogs and camels will be forthcoming. I rather enjoyed our time at the zoo but perhaps the July 4th weekend was not the best time to partake of its offerings. The MoMA was great; we saw the Ansel Adams & Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit and loved it. Usually I find the audio tour to be quite helpful but not so much this time. And the garlic festival? Well, I'm pretty sure I still reek of garlic but since Michael probably does too and neither one of us can truly smell the other, well, I wouldn't come visit us for a couple of days. I doused myself in perfume this morning before going to class. But it was so worth it. See what you're missing by not living out here? Or at least visiting? (hint, hint, nudge, wink)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Oh dear... C. diff AND scabies!?&? Sending happy no-itch thoughts your way (and thoughts of "no needing oral vanco!" :-)