1.17.2003

I finally went. I saw it in real life. It was...beautiful. I saw the butter sculpture at the Farm Show. Hee! Actually, it was really cool and I had a good time with H. We had a baked potato and the best milkshake I've ever had. We saw lots of cows and horses and rabbits and of course, the butter sculpture. It was a cow this year and I got a picture of myself posing with it. We saw tractors and combines and horse pulling contests. Clydesdales are the biggest animals that I have ever seen in real life (not counting the elephant I saw at the Philly zoo when I was 12). It was so cool. I wish I had time to go back for "Sheep to Shawl" but I just couldn't make it.

And here I am in the Land of Data Entry with a stack of pledge forms 3.5 inches high...sigh...I think I'm only here for another week or so. I still haven't started packing or anything. I have so much crap to sort and put in boxes or throw away. I don't really like moving b/c it just involves so much packing and unpacking and it forces you to own up to your pack-rat tendencies. I guess it's a good thing in that respect. I should hear this afternoon if I'm approved for this apartment that I want. Keep your fingers crossed:> Yay! Big girl apartment for me! The imaginary apartment will finally be reality. Except for the decent furniture part but that will come in time. Besides, I'd just have to move it again in 11 months when I get relocated for a permanent placement. And next time, I'm hiring movers, dammit!

No comments: