4.01.2003

Ah, the Fummer returns from a brief foray in the Windy...very busy weekend and very glad to be home. Esp. now that I have *my own place to call home*. Love that! I had a nice time helping my grandma with her show but I don't think I plan to do any more this year. I just dread the whole packing up and loading the van part that comes at the end. My grandma always brings more than she needs (or has ever used--at least to my knowledge) and insists on loading the cart so full that it tips in the middle of the street. And then we have to go to the storage facility and see the creepy old guy that works there. Anyway, I'm glad to be back although it was nice to see my mom and my friends.

I'm happy to report that I have not seen any bugs en mi casa lately. A little spanglish anyone? My supervisor is taking a spanish class and it is so funny to hear her speak--you know "hab-lo." Too funny. It makes my espanol sound close to fluent, I'll tell you. We went to Ch*potle last week and I taught her how to give her order in spanish. At least she tries. I keep saying that I will take a class one of these days. I'm settled in to the new job and apartment...I need to get my rear in gear. But there's always some reason to put it off. There's softball starting next week and book club and...crap. I'm running out of things. Maybe I could buy a CD and listen to it in my car. But that cuts down on NPR time. Well, I need to go home and starch/iron my blouses and pack my stuff. By goddess, I'm going to go see Minnie Pearl's hat on display if it kills me!

No comments: