5.13.2003

Okay, no more complaints about my blog if no one is going to leave comments...This will be short anyway since I have yet to prepare for my monthly evaluation and I need to get crackin'...Work is good but busy, as usual. And I can't believe it's time for another evaluation. Time passes so quickly...I can't believe I have been here 3 months next week. Crazy.

Well, I am very excited about Amanda's graduation in 2 weeks--and not just because I get to go to Boston to see her graduate. An Ode to Amanda is forthcoming, I swear, but I just wanted to say how excited I am. Amanda, I am so proud of you! I am looking forward to time spent with my second family (Mrs. P included) and since this is really the only vacation I get this year, I intend to enjoy myself. And then, the following week, I have to help my mother move into her new apartment. While I am very excited about said apt. I am not looking forward to moving all this crap again. And it forces me to move out the rest of my stuff...even tho I have no place to put it...And not only that, but I have found that it is no longer practical to save childhood toys and whatnot for the imaginary future children that Matthew or I may have. I saved all my C*bbage P*tch dolls and furniture and the B*rbie corvette, etc. and now I am going to give almost all of it to G**dwill (a very fine UW agency). I am kind of sad at having to do that but I can't store it anywhere without paying an arm and a leg to do so, nor does my mother have the space to keep it for me, and who's to say any kid will want to play with this stuff in 10 years anyway? So, I picked out my favorite ones and will have to find someplace to hide them from dog-that-destroys-all-things-soft-and-furry. Suddenly, I find myself missing my 8 year-old self...

No comments: