1.02.2005

A bit o' wisdom...

"Since we can't all be together on New Year's this year, I'm sending you thiswonderful entry by Andrea "I used to work for SARK" Sher. Her photos are always lovely and sometimes her entries are gems.(like this one)"

So, here are my lists:

10 Things I Am Grateful For: (in no particular order)
- Love. Whether it's the love of my signifcant other, friends, family, or dog, I am grateful for it every day.
- Christmas trees. Seriously, I love x-mas trees. I love them so much that it's an absolute heartbreak to take them down and shunt them to the curb.
- My new aluminun roasting pan with rack (thanks, Mommy!)
- My health.
- The home that I share with Michael. Not only is it a beautiful house, but I am no longer setting $530 a month on fire, I mean, paying rent.
- A new job with a better title, better pay and my own office!
- Friends. There isn't a list long enough to sing your praises.
- Normal, pretty non-dysfunctional in-laws-to-be. I'm so glad they're nothing like the in-laws on a certian tv show on C_B_S.
- Dog fur. Like little tokens of love all over my house, clothes, car, in my shoes, occasionally in my mouth, in the lint trap, but hopefully not in my food. It serves as a reminder that my hairy little beast of a dog is still alive and well.
- Fleece pants (self-explanatory).

And now for my Mondo Beyondo list:
- A trip to Greece w/ Ang
- Finally finishing the LOTR books (perhaps I'll just skip the rest of book 2 and go right on to 3)
- having a house full of highly obedient dogs (that never shed;>)
- becoming a calmer, more patient version of myself
- floss every day (oh, wait, I've already accomplished that. Well, I'll keep it here as a reminder that some New Year's resolutions do work/become good habits)
- Be a better daughter
- Honeymoon in Ireland (May 2006 here we come!)

Well, that seems like a good start to me. Happy New Year!

No comments: