2.20.2007

Feeling homesick...

Homesickness for something - a place, a time, I don't know - is rapidly becoming a theme here. I'll be brief this time and just note that 2nd Annual Fun Girl Weekend was a blast and just like last year I came home and promptly dissolved into tears (read bawling) over missing my friends, wanting my mom and dad (seriously, who does that? I'm too old to want my mom and dad anymore. What the hell is wrong with me?), apologizing to my husband for being short with him on the phone (I'm telling you he's a saint for putting up with me) and wanting the dog (the one who lives in a little wooden box on our shelf). Pathetic. Oh, and creating a rather magnificent pile of soggy snot wads on our sofa. Nice.

But today I feel better. I got a total of 12 hours of sleep (not all at once, mind you), played some tennis, walked the dog, made dinner (breakfast - yummy) and surfed the net. And now I'm going to go forage for a snack and then collapse into bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love and miss.

gwen said...

Miss you too.