2.13.2007

Snow Day!

I finally got the snow day I've been whining about since December. We have about 6 inches of snow with some sleet mixed in. My mom has about a foot so far...not sure how much more we'll get. They're predicting another inch or two before morning. Unfortunately our snow day has been ruined by the fact that I have to write a 5 page essay for psych. and Michael is working on a conference paper. But, we get to do so in the cozy comfort of our tv room whilst (see, there it is again) sitting on the couch with our feet propped up and sipping hot tea.

All I have to say is thank god for our snow blower. Even tho we don't have that much snow, if you've ever seen our driveway you know what I'm talking about. We're heading back out in a few minutes to do some shoveling and walk the dog. Hope the rest of you get a snow day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kelly, you rock. it worked!
we got the snow day!

hope you enjoyed yours as much as we're enjoying ours.

happy v-day!

Kelly said...

The best part is that I get a real snow day today, too! I don't think it counts if you didn't already have work/school scheduled. Unfortunately for Michael they only cancelled classes before 11 am today so he needs to go in this afternoon to teach his 2 classes. Snow day, snow day, snow day! Mwah!

Alissa said...

Ugh. I HAD a snow day, and then they reneged and said that if we didn't come in by noon that we would be deducted a vacation day. And I found this out at 11am, when I had not yet showered or dug out my car. All that so that I can have one hour of supervision and one client who may or may not come in at 5pm.

Grrrrrrr......