3.22.2007

Procrastination...

Back when I was in undergrad my procrastination activities included the following: watching syndicated reruns of Fr@sier and the Simps0n's, playing Sn00d, reading H@rry P0tter books, calling BANG! long-distance in London and/or taking a nap. Now, it looks more like this: reading blogs, maybe updating my own blog, cooking dinner, cleaning house, walking the dog, taking a nap (this really only happens when I'm sick, like today), doing laundry and/or running errands. Seriously, procrastination was much more fun when I was in undergrad.

Not that I should complain. My fabulous husband makes it possible for me to work part time while taking classes (alas paid for by the very tricksy tuition remission benefit) but procrastination when I need to be studying or writing a paper just isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. Especially when I'm an adult now with a house to look after. And, seriously? How do women with kids do this? How do they raise a family, look after a household and work? And what about the ones who do all that AND go to school? I am so in awe of the women who do that. Because you know what? I don't think I have that in me.

That being said, I guess I better get back to my schoolwork.

No comments: