3.23.2009

Some resolutions. Ish...

Yes, I know it's the end of March. Like, 3 months too late for some resolutions. But, hey, this is about the time everyone else abandons the ones they made 3 months ago so it's not such a bad thing to start now, right?

This is a big year. A challenging year, if you will. I wasn't planning on any resolutions per se and I never got around to my own 31 for 31 list (I didn't do a 30 for 30 either but then 30 kind of sucked) but there were a few things I wanted to do and the only way to hold myself accountable was to publish them in a public-type place. Like the internets. Not the refrigerator door, not the bathroom mirror--the internets. So, here they are, in no particular order.

1. Make bread from scratch (no cheating with a bread machine)
2. Donate blood at least 4 times this year (can't do more it more than every 8 wks)
3. Try 3 new recipes every month
4. Do some container gardening...maybe some tomatoes, a pepper plant and some herbs?
5. Meet more of our neighbors besides just the couple next door
6. Do some sort of exercise (besides walking the dog) a minimum of 3 times a week
7. Try at least 3 new restaurants on Murphy Street (there's at least 12 and we eat at the same one every time)
8. Work on being more consistent with my tennis game
9. Hang pictures on the walls that do not feature any member of our families
10. Spend Christmas in Hawaii
11. Make this blog more aesthetically appealing (gotta have a stretch goal)

So far, I've given blood once (this morning, in fact) and I tried one of the Thai places on Murphy St. last week for Michael's birthday. Also, I met 2 other neighbors on Friday (Rick who lives across the street and 3 doors down) and Saturday (Paz who lives across the street). Next weekend I hope to buy some plants and begin my container garden. Any recommendations from the gardener extraordinaire? Also, suggestions for recipes and breads are always welcome as are travel tips re: Hawaii.

2 comments:

gwen said...

I am blushing madly at being called "extraordinaire," but you should know that many others are way more skilled than I at container gardening.

Also, I wrote so much that I couldn't read the whole thing and was being annoying and repeating myself, so I am going to a response this on my own blog. Stand by...

Cara said...

Travel tips to Hawaii! Which island are you going to? Oahu is great for a combo of sightseeing, busy stuff, and kicking back on the north shore. Big Island is extremely laid back and has the volcanoes. It's the cheapest of the big four (Maui, Kauai, Oahu, BI). Kauai is gorgeous, verdant, and has Waimea Canyon. I'm partial to any of those 3. Maui is nice too, and has good beaches, but there's nothing particular about that island to me that makes it stand out above the other 3.