6.11.2003

Ugh...aerobics totally kicked my ass last night. Looks like an *dvil kind of day...of course, one does not shed 10 lbs. by sitting on one's ass. But we have a good time and I guess that's as good a reason as any to keep putting myself thru torture twice a week.

So, Father's Day is this weekend. My father is so hard to shop for. He could always use a new pair of pants or a shirt or something, but he's so damn picky and never wears the nice stuff I get him. Like the nice khakis I bought a few years ago that are still hanging in his closet with the tag still on...I suppose I could just take the easy way out and send him a new chamois. He likes those. I was trying to do a "Best of Cinti" type-gift-thing, but I am running out of non-perishable goods to mail to him. I could send him a car jar and a box of malted milk balls and call it a day. Darn him for being so difficult to buy for.

In other news, it's time to start thinking about "what next" after my internship is over in, like, 7 months. The organization wants to help us with finding new (permanent)placements (can't be an intern forever) and they have already started that process by telling us we need to at least start thinking about what cities or geographic regions. Now me, I've pretty much come to accept that I will need to be mobile for the next 10 years. I don't mind so much where I live so long as the position can take me to the next step. I'm NOT going to Arkansas. Or Texas. Or Florida. I do have my limits. I just can't believe it's already time to start thinking of what next. Even my CEO here in Cinti has asked that question. And of course, everything depends on the offer that he will make. I wouldn't mind staying here for 2 more years before moving on...sigh.....

No comments: