9.29.2003

My Fictitious Weekend....

Well, what would have been nice would be to wake up Saturday morning to discover that I did not have to give a presenation and could instead go back to bed for a few more hours. Then, when I woke up, I would find that my entire apartment have been cleaned by mysterious fairy people or similar, and even the dog would have been bathed:> Then there would have been a scrumptious breakfast and the words "fl*x points" would not have been uttered once. Oh, and someone would have done all the grocery shopping for me so I could lounge on my couch (no longer a crummy futon but a big fluffy couch for sitting and napping and more sitting and napping) and read books all day.
Other than that, I really did have a nice weekend and thanks to all of you for your many birthday wishes! Almost forgot--having a yummy massage from some hot shirtless guy named Manuel would have been nice;>

Now for a digression from the pre-planned GBC topic.....this year, I finally felt as though I was older. Normally, I don't feel any older after a birthday but this year was different. I don't know if it's b/c I am that much closer to 30 (which I believe to be the magic age so I am not upset about that) or if I finally have a place of my own and ergo I pay rent (that's a rather adult thing to do) or if it's b/c I have embarked upon a real life career path.....I'm not sure. Either way, it's been an exciting year and much has happened. And, funnily enough, I am in the same place I was last year regarding employment. At least this time I know I will have a job, but I don't know where. And I have real health insurance this time. Very exciting!

No comments: