9.10.2003

This is the 3rd time I am entering this post....durr....need internet access at home. Maybe next year when I am a full-fledged employee instead of a "Fellow" (see intern in the dictionary). Anyway, I had one of moments this week that reminds you of why you put up with the sucky parts of your job and validates your career path of choice. I was at a well-known company headquartered here in Cinti giving a presentation. Part of the presentation involved hearing from a service-recipient (let's call her Ruby) from one of our funded agencies, and I cannot tell you how excited she was to be there. First, the company sent a black stretch limo to pick her up and then presented her with brand new glasses (guess what the company does...?) after her portion of the presentation. The company even paid her a day's wages b/c she had to take a day off of work to come do this presentation. I will tell you, Ruby has had a very exciting year. She got to meet a Hall of Fame baseball player last month and this week she had her very first limo ride. It was a very touching moment for everyone and expecially b/c Ruby was so genuinely thrilled to be there and the employees were obviously affected by the happiness and joy that Ruby shares with everyone she meets. This is why I come to work everyday (I know I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, that's for sure). It is such a beautiful thing when you can meet a person whose life you have touched and to work with a company that is so committed to this community.

In other news, I have removed my personal ads and have begun a dating hiatus. The emotional f*ckwittage was becoming unbearable and I know I deserve better. Bunch of freakin' crap, I tell you. Besides, with the end of my fellowship fast approaching, it's better to make that decision to stay here or go to another organization without the distraction of some cute boy....Given my last post, maybe I should start migrating toward New England to facilitate the building of my Spinster Lodge in VT......

No comments: