9.26.2007

Feelin' like I need something to love on...

Alas, the need to love on something 4-legged and furry has set in. But. This time Michael and I really, really are not going to get a dog for a while (you'll remember that we said this the last time--we made it 6 weeks). We just can't do it right now for a variety of reason, not the least of which is that we aren't emotionally ready, but I feel like I need to love on something. Besides my husband.

So, we talked about bunnies or even a guinea pig or something but Michael doesn't get the warm fuzzies for those kinds of critters. I think that I could be pretty excited about a bunny. You can litter-train them and they are very warm and fuzzy. And they have 4 legs so that pretty much meets my list of requirements. Even if we decide to go this route it won't be for a while. So, people of the internets, I ask you: can you love a bunny as much as a dog?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know about a bunny. I do know that we got two guinea pigs a year ago because I really wanted a dog. They're cool to watch, and sort of fun to play with when they'll finally let me pick them up -- but three months after we got the guinea pigs, we got a puppy anyway.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who has two bunnies, and she really, really loves them -- tells funny stories about their quirks, claims they will snuggle with her, etc. And this site:

http://www.schnozzfest.com

occasionally makes me consider getting one.

But I don't know, I think at the end of the day, dogs are really it for true dog people like you (and me).