9.08.2007

So hard to say goodbye...

Asia didn't make it. Around midnight this morning she had developed another case of bloat and her condition was so poor that we had to put her to sleep. She was such a great dog and we loved her so much. She was funny and sweet and a really, really good girl. And I just can't believe that Michael and I are here again so soon after Shana. We really thought Asia was out of the woods but I guess she wasn't. It's the nature of bloat and there isn't anything to be done for it. But that doesn't make it any easier.

It's 4:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. How can I sleep now that our baby is gone?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kelly, I am so very sorry. :(

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

Hugs, mi amiga mejor.

Anonymous said...

oh my - so very hard and sad.
you guys loved her SO well.

Cara said...

Oh no. I am so sorry.

Alissa said...

love you,
Alissa

CARRIE THORNLEY said...

I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS, KELLY. MY HEART CRYS OUT. THIS IS CARRIE FROM CHICAGO. ODDLY ENOUGH I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH MY 5YO CAT RIGATONI. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER HIM OR NOT. I AM ON VET VISIT 3 IN THE LAST WEEK AND A HALF. HE'S VERY SICK. I HAVE ANOTHER VISIT LATER TODAY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S GOING TO BRING. MY HEART TELLS ME THOUGH, THAT I MAY HAVE TO LET MY RIGATONI GO. SO I FEEL YOUR LOSS ON A VERY DEEP LEVEL RIGHT NOW. FROM ONE PET LOVER TO ANOTHER, PLEASE PRAY FOR MY RIGATONI AS I PRAYED FOR YOUR ASIA. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.

CARRIE :-(