9.23.2007

When it rains, it pours....

I swear I would have posted sooner if it weren't for the fact that the last month has been total ass. Seriously. First my dear, sweet baby had to be put to sleep. And then, the next day? I had to have my car towed to the mechanic b/c the spring on the strut broke and Michael and I had to shell out over $600 to have new struts put on. Have I mentioned lately that we are just hemorrhaging money? No? Well, we are.

Flash forward one week (we'll skip the part about how I was too sad to concentrate on studying) and I get a phone call from my aunt to let me know that my mom had been admitted to the hospital for a bowel obstruction. Blarg. So, Michael and I hop in the car and drive the 2.5 hours to Indy to go see her. The good news is that she's better and is back home. The bad news is that I have an exam tomorrow and I don't feel even close to prepared for it because, you see, it's hard to study when you have to drive 2.5 hours to Indy and then try to study at a hospital. Also, there's no sleeping at the hospital either.

But it isn't all bad. I have wonderfully supportive friends who surprise me with a gift card to my favorite upscale grocery store and an amazing husband who played the part of June Cleaver so that I could study. Oh, and I finally got a job. I figured it would just be easier to go back to waiting tables than to convince people at doctors' offfices that I really, really do want to be a receptionist for a piddly $10/hr. Now I'll make more money and no one asks me about why I left my last job or any of that other crap. And (this is the best part) I got my braces off. I'll post a picture soon...after I get thru these exams this week. I promise.

So, things are looking up. I'm still really sad a lot of the time but there are a lot of good people and good things going on in my life. Yep, things are looking up.

No comments: