10.18.2008

Wait-Listed...

I got my letter this week (finally) and found out that I've been wait-listed. I suppose I should be pleased to be wait-listed (I'm 5th out of 10) when 22 people didn't get that option at all. There were 80 applicants for 48 slots for the January cohort and while I'm disappointed that I didn't get in I'm hoping that I'll get accepted for the June cohort. In the meantime, I'll be waiting to hear back from admissions re: whether I should retake the NET (god, I hope not) and resubmit everything or what. It's not like I can make my grades any higher and I know my letters of rec were solid. What's left? Those stupid essays they make you write? Maybe that's why I didn't get in...

Anyway, life goes on and I'll just do what I can do to get in for the June cohort. If I still don't get in then I'll need to consider something else. Blarg. I've been thinking about this since I was a senior in college and felt like I was so close this time. Oh well, it gives me time to paint my living room and dining room and take more tennis lessons and do more cooking. And do more fun stuff with Michael and Esme...maybe a trip to Tahoe? Or Yosemite? And another trip to Sonoma? How about all 3? Lots of fun stuff to do and no homework to hold me back.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Yeah, I hear ya. I didn't get the job I wanted, and I feel like I'm kind of treading water for awhile until I can try again.... but I'm also looking forward to having some more time to study for my licensing exam, cooking, etc (the job I did accept is only part-time). Plus, we can chat on the phone more often now, too. ;)

Kelly said...

Yay! There's a silver lining for us:>

Anonymous said...

No, those essays were perfect, damn it. You know you are already the charter student at the Kelly S. School of Nursing and Awesomeness...

Kelly said...

The "Awesomeness" is my favorite part of that school. I can't wait to submit my application. :>