2.24.2010

Demoralizing to say the least...

#1) Looking for a job in this market when NO ONE wants to hire new grads. Or they might consider it if they have to but even then they only have one position available. And then spending hours and hours filling out online applications including writing a cover letter and submitting to a mandatory background and credit check and then the website crashing and my computer decides to shut down and install some updates and now my job application is utterly lost as are all the tabs I had open in Firef0x. Sobbing into phone to husband who feels so badly for me he comes home half an hour early and then goes to pick up Chip0tle for dinner. That part was good.

#2) Trying on and purchasing fat smoothing undergarments to wear under the dress I bought for Michael's company holiday party this Saturday. I came home and tried it on under my dress and it looks really nice but, blarg, I hate this kind of stuff. Squishing one's imperfections with crazy undergarments, etc. a la Bridget Jones is occasionally a must if one wants to wear something formfitting. I'm okay with that part. It's the shopping for it that I find so insufferable. For one thing, it feels like you're trying to wriggle into a sausage casing. For another, it was not cheap but on the other hand I'll have it for a long time and can wear it under other dresses when fat smoothing becomes necessary. And, hey, the dress was only $20 and it's really cute.

See that? I'm trying to find some sort of silver lining. I know there are unemployed people out there who have it way worse than I do but I don't live their lives--I live mine--and keeping perspective is harder on some days than on others.

No comments: