2.05.2010

Life maintenance part bazillion...

Folks, I am catching up on months of life maintenance here and it feels like I'll never get to the end of the list of things to do. And the list is long. But I am making progress so that's a good thing. In fact, we finally got a major project done and I'm very pleased. We cleaned out our garage and while we'll never be able to park our car in it (almost no one around here parks in their garage--it's like a storage unit attached to your house), we can get to stuff and there's space to spread out laundry baskets and the like.

I'm also working on selling some things. Mostly books from school and a few other things as well. But that is a time suck like I never imagined. It really takes time to sit there a post all these books to am@zon.c0m and then pick a price that isn't too high and not too low. And in an effort to avoid having to ship all of them (there's probably 15 books or so), I'm trying to sell a few of them to the ABSN cohort that started in January. That way all I have to do it drive 30 miles to campus and unload them all at once. I'm still hoping someone might want to buy my scrubs but no word so far on that. Otherwise, those awful things are going in the trash. I don't mind white scrubs per se but these did not fit terribly well, didn't have enough pockets and also have the school's logo on them. As I am no longer a student nurse, I don't intend to dress like one.

All work and no play makes Kelly a dull person so I've been scheduling some fun activities. I met some friends from nursing school for dinner and drinks, Michael and I went to a Super Bowl Top Chef party, I've been reading books (real books for fun!) and we've been watching season 1 of 6 Feet Under. It's been good. The job thing is hanging over my head but I'm giving myself a few more days of decompression and life maintenance before I really kick the search into high gear. But today is about fun. I'm picking up Greg Plotner in the city and we're going to do some sightseeing before he heads to the airport. Today I get to stop and smell the roses and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

No comments: