5.11.2010

Date night with the Tall Man and a trip down memory lane...

And, hey, I changed my template and background! What think ye, dear internets?

So, the Tall Man decided we should have a proper date night: dinner and movie. We haven't done that in a while. Not that we don't like to go out to dinner or go see movies but I like cooking at home and most of the time there aren't any movies we want to see.

Well, it just so happened there was a movie we wanted to see so we got in the car, went for some tasty mexican food by the theater and then we saw Date Night. Oh, lord, it was funny. I heart Tina Fey and Steve Carrell! But before the movie started, they showed the requisite 20 minutes of previews, one of which for for the A-Team. And all the kiddies sitting near us are in high school and have absolutely no recollection of when the A-Team was a tv show and Mr. T said "I pity the fool..." This suddenly makes me feel old. But whatever, maybe this movie will be good because it has Liam Neeson and, well, it has to be decent, right? Liam Neeson!

And then the movie starts. They make various pop culture references like "Long Duk Dong" from 16 Candles and only Michael and I are laughing. This happened repeatedly throughout the movie. So I really start to feel old. Except I'm not old (don't let those under-eye wrinkles fool you). But, boy, I felt like it.

And it's moments like these where I find myself taking a little trip down memory lane and thinking about how old I was when I first (fill in the blank) or what year XYZ song was popular. Or, most recently, I was mailing Angie's birthday present and I was remembering the year that Gwen, Craig and I made her this godawful funfetti cake with funfetti icing and it was so unbelievably ugly. We decorated it with blue and yellow frosting and then gave ourselves mustaches and goatees with the leftovers. And do you know how long ago that was? A long time ago. Like, 17 years ago, I think. God, that cake was ugly (sorry, Ang) but we had a good time making it.

But, anyway, back to date night. We had a nice time. It was fun to go out on a date with my husband where someone else cooked and cleaned up after us and then we went to see a movie. We really should have date night more often.

No comments: