5.21.2002

My goddess! It has been a while since I lat blogged. What a funny word. Anyway, so, the sh*t sort of hit the fan when the relatives came to crash at my house. Blarg, but I am not goint to get swept up in their total dysfunctionality. The 4 of them and my grandma have some crazy-assed dynamic and whatever. Everyone has this in their family b/c we all know that NO ONE has a so-called "normal" family. Hey, I am still convinced that I am adopted. That might be a little more believable if I didn't look so much like both of my parents. Yeah. And then I had a rather stressful week at work (when is it not stressful tho? I mean really, it's every day. I should just take it as a given) although my high school presentation on sex and preg. prevention and STDs went very well. No time for STD Bingo but it was still fun and I think the kids got something out of it. And a big salute to Substiture Teacher Angie for bravely going where none of us have gone before. A foray in to the high school atmosphere (AHHH! The atmosphere! AHHH!--does anyone remember this commercial for the Discovery Channel?) is weird and unsettling. It even smells the same. And the hallways are jam packed with kids. I always hated that. At least talking about sex makes them more inclined to pay attention. I just can't get over the fact that they are allowed to eat and drink in the classroom. And there are soda and vending machines in every hallway. As if kids didn't have a hard enough time with nutrition as it is. BAD soda machines in the high schools! BAD! And as if 4 years (or more for some of us ;>) of unhealthy eating in undergrad was not bad enough. And I'll tell you, having to teach teenagers about sex makes me not want to have kids myself b/c then they, too, will need "the talk" and why put myself thru that? Maybe I'll just adopt a 25 year-old kid who has already finished college. Hee hee. Maybe I will be a more sane version of Emily Dickinson with lots of dogs. Excuse me, I meant animal companions. You know Gwen, a comments option on here would be nice:> hint, hint, nudge wink:>

No comments: