7.23.2008

Move in day!

We're (almost) all moved in--yay! The storage unit is empty and our tiny little house is full of our enormous furniture and the garage is chock full of boxes. The BRs are painted, the floors vacuumed and cleaned and now it's time to put the bed and futon together and start unpacking. Sort of. I bought more contact paper this morning and some cleaner for the cabinets in the kitchen and then I can unpack. I was planning to do that this afternoon but I've been waylaid by our house in Dayton.

Got a call from our realtor re: some stuff that needs to be fixed and now I'm scrambling about trying to call some contractors to fix this stuff for us. All I have to say is that it is an absolute bitch trying to sell your house when you don't live in (or near) it. That house is a 100-year-old monkey on our backs...sigh...but now we have a lovely back yard to enjoy! And a large covered porch! And beautiful weather! And boxes to unpack! Did I mention the back yard?

No comments: