4.08.2002

Well, now that Gwen-baby has created this beautiful new blog for me, I suppose I should start posting some stuff, huh? As you all know by now, I am currently endeavoring to return to Lanky and procure some kind of gainful employment, and I plan to apply for a job in Annual Giving in Fummerland. They actually call it that. Seriously. Kind of stupid, I know. Anyway, I was reading the specs for the job b/c I plan to fax my resume, etc tomorrow when I suddenly remembered that I had sort of a little...problem, shall we say, with the asst director of Personnel and that is who is going to be reading my resume for this job. She got all mad at me b/c I was blowing leaves from behind the business office one day right before I left for Chicago and she drove her car right where I was blowing a huge cloud of dirt and leaves and so on and then proceeded to yell at me b/c I was getting her dirty when she had the audacity to to get in my way. Whatever. So she made a big stink about how I got her and her car dirty and called and cried to my boss. Whatever. No one likes her anyway. Just b/c she insisted on parking where I was working when there were 20 (literally) spots available. So now, I am just going to have to hope that she has forgotten about that. It's not like I don't have 5 contacts/references who are higher up in the chain of command to come to my aid. Bleah. This whole getting ready to move thing is really taxing and doubts are starting to set in. I know that I am doing the right thing by moving back so I am not going to worry unnecessarily about it. It looks like I am going to be moving in with Sam for a little while as I look for a job/place to live. Not the most ideal situation but I think we can work it out. Besides, it's only temporary. Other than that, just the usual is going on around here. I told my brother he and his girlfriend needed to find another place to have sex if me or my mom are at home. I have to go back to court this week to file again to get my money from that stupid woman. God, this is tedious. Actually, this stupid case is what's holding me up. I'd move sooner if it were possible. Um...work is okay. I've been having some issues with some of the patients. We have been seeing a lot of "repeat customers" if you catch my drift. The worst one of all was a 15 year-old girl who had an abortion in the beginning of Feb and got pregnant again 10 days later and returned last Saturday for another abortion. Totally insane. And in 2nd place is a woman in her late 30's that we saw in January and returned last week and this is her 5th abortion. She really has no excuse for that. That is just total lack of responsibility right there. I think that's the worst part of my job--the women who don't seem to take birth control seriously. But as terrible as that is, it's their right to choose and that's our mission statement. I wish our mission statement also included something about giving massive raises to the health educators:> Even after I leave this job, I would really like to do some volunteer work for Planned Parenthood or similar organization. I am truly committed to the cause, but right now, it just ain't paying the bills too well. I will say that it is the perfect part-time job. You go in for a few hours a week, you get out of the house for a little bit and you make a little extra money and then you go back home to your partner and kids or dogs or whatever and you get to feel like your life has meaning while still spending quality time with your loved ones. But since I am not at that point in my life, nor do I plan to be at that point for another 8 years, I will just have to get a full-time job that pays more than peanuts. So, that's all that is really going on. Target had a sale on underwear, but that's nothing to write home about. Well, I'm off to bed so that I can read a little Bridget Jones for a while and then fall asleep with my bunny bee curled up at my side. Have a good week!

No comments: