4.29.2002

Well, I am just going to say it...I wish I was back in undergrad!!!! Really truly. I can't believe that I am saying this. This is crazy. So, here's why I wish I was back in undergrad. To start, I had free health and dental insurance, no real job with sick days and vacation days to fight with HR and payroll about b/c I'm not accruing said time like I should be, no car or car insurance payments, I could sleep in and skip work/class if I really wanted to (but not if I have to violate the "3 skip rule"), free food (albeit crappy most days) at the DH, I would be using my brain for more than paper pushing at work and mundane housework at home and instead could be intellectually stimulated in the classroom, and I wouldn't have to wear heels and pantyhose to class or while mowing/trash picking/poop slinging. And I could take as many naps as I felt like taking. I'm sure most of you have heard by now about my disaster at the dentist's office. The horrible dentist told me I need 3 root canals on one side of my mouth(for a cost of about $800 to cover my copay) and it'll be another 2 weeks before I could get in to see a different dentist for a second opinion. In the interim, my teeth ache and if the pain becomes unbearable then I will be forced to let the bad dentist give me a root canal anyway. But only one per side. Why did I think life after undergrad was going to be so easy? I am such an idiot. I do have to admit that I rather enjoy not being forced to read dry texts full of anthropological theory when I would rather read Harry Potter or the latest issue of Bitch, Ms. or Bust. Stupid Border's by my house doesn't even carry Bust. So, there's my rant. Not only do I have to stay here longer than the first week of June to get this dental thing figured out and treated but I have to use my moving money to do it. And I was a bug idiot who chose the HMO not the PPO so I am even more screwed and will be stuck seeing the crappiest dentists in the area. HR knew that our dental HMO was bad but didn't bother to tell anyone that. How nice. BLARG! Where is my miracle job with the wonderful benefits, 401k, direct deposit, low insurance premiums and nice salary? I guess I'd better get my rear in gear so I can find the miracle job. Pushing back moving day does buy me a little more time to do a more thorough job search and does get me more vacation time to turn in in the end so that I'll get a nice little paycheck after I move. Well, that's all for now. I can't think about anything else other than my teeth and the dentist situation so this will be it for a few days until I have a better idea of what's going on.

No comments: