6.10.2008

Comedy of Errors....

Part one million. Seriously. This will be a v. brief recap as I am sitting in my car in the O. District so I can use some of downtown Dayton's free WiFi (which doesn't go as far as our house, WTF is that about?). Let's just put it this way: I thought we would get more than 2 movers to come load the truck and since I only got 2, it took longer than I thought to get everything on the trailer plus the HaulU rental I needed to get stuff over to my in-laws and a local charity. One of the movers cut his head open (he's okay), it takes forever to get everything loaded up, the phone rings off the hook, I can't remember why I went into the garage/basement/upstairs so I keep wandering around the house and finally around 4 in the afternoon I have to call Michael to bail me out.

The HaulU truck needs to be returned by 7 but the stuff hasn't been delivered and I can't leave the house. FIL extraordinaire shows up to take care of that part but in the meantime, the movers can't figure out how to install the bulkhead and then one of them improperly locks the truck (he locked the lock but didn't lock the doors, fck) and I have to call the trailer co. to come fix it. Ultimately, I have to cancel dinner plans with my neighbors, all so I can stay home to take care of getting rental trucks returned and making sure that no one makes off with our stuff until the trailer guy comes over. And I'm dirty and tired and haven't done a bit of studying for my exams tomorrow.

And then, the badness. I was horribly mean to my husband. I was an asshole (sing it with me...A-S-S-H-O-L-E....I'm an asshole....). I have since apologized (of course) but dang, this is hard.

So, now I'm clean and have done some studying. Going to go back home and study some more and maybe get some shut eye for a few hours. I'm going to sleep on the floor in the house b/c I can't bring myself to pay for a hotel room in which I won't really get any sleep and I can't deal with being around people right now...not even my in-laws. I just have to keep my eyes on the prize. In 23 hours I will be done with my last exam and Thurs am I can start driving to Lankytown. Can't wait. Almost there. Almost....there....

1 comment:

Cara said...

Good luck! I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble. Moving sucks, as do exams. It is almost over, and although everything is at a low point now, it will get better soon. Really. It has to, right? :-)