8.27.2002

Hmmm. You know, I'm not exactly in the Windy anymore. I'm in the Lanky now. Hmmm...Fummer in the Lanky...uh, not so good. So I get an email this morning from the Office of Annual Giving about participating in the Phonathon in 2 weeks. Hmph. I really like my new friend M, but she's on the Alumni Board and is the one who gave out my email address so that they could ask me to participate. She also gets on my ass about donations. Not too bad, really, since I've been unemployed, but I had to promise to donate $15 after I start working. "It's not the amount that you donate, it's that you donate." Blah, blah, blah. And you know, I don't mind the idea of donating to my Alma Mater since the school was kind enough to give me a full-ride scholarship, but I have to tell you that I am not impressed with the new Pres. and I'm not sure I like where the College is heading. Still, the time to give back is soon approaching and I will do my duty and give a little something. And I do mean little b/c my first priority is to get an apartment and go haul my crap out of my mother's house and into said apartment. Off to Roots now. No more outtings to Roots in the middle of the morning after today. I will have to go at 5pm when everyone else that is not a tourist or a stay-at-home mom goes. I can smell the Whoopie Pies already...Whoopie Pies...I'll have to ask why they are called Whoopie Pies...hmmm...

No comments: