8.20.2002

Okay. Have regrouped and blown off steam. Not a good idea to freak out on one's blog if that is all one does on a regular basis. Have managed to procure a 12-week gig with potential employer discussed in previous blog. Got a call yesterday (only 2 days later than promised but is okay now) and was told that they chose the other candidate b/c she has previous fundraising experience. That's a valid reason not to pick ME. Hee hee hee. Anyway, have been offered a short term position with the possibility that it could turn into a FT permanent position at the end of the 12 weeks. If there is no extra funding to support such a position, I am sure to find another job as 12-week position will allow me to meet with many bigwigs in Lanky. Then maybe I will end up with something in the for-profit sector--we will just have to wait and see what happens. I remain in the LAND OF SUCK until I receive a paycheck (in about 4 weeks). I start my new job the day after Labor Day and until then, I will try to enjoy the remaining days of unemployment, like going to Roots in the middle of the morning and sleeping in until 8 am and then leisurely drinking a cup of coffee and reading the paper. And no more trips to the gym at 2 pm. Will have to go at 5 with all the other alumni who want to work out before going home for the day. I realize that I COULD work out in the morning but that would mean getting up at the crack of dawn just to go get sweaty and then having to take a communal shower with a professor or something. I am NOT going to go there. Yay new job!

No comments: