8.30.2002

Well, it's official. High school football has begun. Tonight, HHS will not play Central but will play E-town instead. Last night on the local news they discussed nothing but football and the re-org of the L-L League. For about 10 seconds I missed all the hoopla. And then it passed. But still, it reminds me of a less stressful time. I mean, of course there was homework stress, and first day of school stress, and marching band stress and having to wear a uniform that consisted of well-placed bits of sliver lame over WHITE SPANDEX that became totally transparent in the rain!!!!! Ahem. So, as I was saying, there was no "I don't have health insurance" or "I can't believe this ridiculous quote for car insurance" or "I totally got shafted on my stafford loan." It's tough to be a grown-up sometimes and I think that's all I'm getting at here. But I do sort of miss red and black face paint, confetti and "Basin Street Blues." But now I'm starting to sound like an idiot so I'll go get ready to take the girls out to play at the tennis courts. Shana and Killian are really into chasing tennis balls and each other around the courts until their tongues hang out. It's pretty darnded cute.

No comments: